Join the Learning Bird team
At Learning Bird, we're amplifying the power of teachers with cool technology to help more kids understand, learn and progress. We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Educational Content Creator
Are you an experienced educator who loves technology? Do you have a knack for storytelling and visual communication? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are looking for a number of Educational Content Creators to help us build engaging lessons for our award-winning platform.
We're looking for educators who love to engage students with compelling stories, and bring topics to life through audio and video.
Educators with strong math and English language arts (ELA) backgrounds,
and those with knowledge of Canadian Indigenous community practices and learning approaches are of particular interest.
We are looking for up to 10 people to work with a collaborative team and to be part of a great product.
This is contracted work that is seasonal or part-time (can vary from a few hours a week to full-time hours) based on our needs as demand grows.
Training takes place at our offices in Montreal, but ongoing work can be a mix of in-office and remote.
What you will do:
Use your educational background to develop content strategies, write compelling scripts, and turn those scripts into engaging learning objects.
You'll take your concept from the idea stage, through production and delivery, collaborating with the team and our school and community partners along the way.
What you need to do this job:
- Great storytelling skills with the ability to communicate well visually
- A strong education background with the ability to develop compelling and effective educational content
- Strong team and client communication skills
- Subject area knowledge of Math and/or ELA for grades 6-12.
- An ability to create large volumes of content, while maintaining quality
- Excellent English writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Comfort with audio and video production tools
- Comfort doing voiceovers and appearing on-camera in content
Bonus points if you:
- Have Indigenous language skills - Ojibwe, Dene, Mohawk, Mi'kmaq
- Have knowledge of Indigenous communities, practices and learning approaches
- Are bilingual (English/French)
Think you're who we're looking for?
Send us your CV, and any samples you have of content that you've created, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show us who you are and what you can do, and tell us how you think we can work together.
Educational Account Lead
Learning Bird is looking to grow its team and is hiring an Educational Account Lead.
Learning Bird integrates culturally relevant resources for teachers of grades 6-12 in First Nations schools
and communities across Canada. We also work with public schools to integrate digital resources to showcase
Indigenous history, language and culture for all students.
This role is responsible for ensuring that our projects and solutions reflect the needs of our clients and
are delivered with excellence. He/she is the main point of contact for our clients, supporting both teachers
and administrators and acting as a liaison for our product team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Successfully transition accounts from the sales phase to the delivery phase
- Build strong long-term relationships with customers and communities
- Ensure that all project activities are delivered to the satisfaction of the customer, on time and within
- Document account progress towards project completion and maintain relevant records
- Share customer feedback with sales and development teams to inform our product and service offerings
Deliver professional services:
- Develop and deliver technical and pedagogical training
- Participate in conferences and deliver workshops and webinars
- Provide one-on-one and small-group coaching to teachers
- Stay informed of best practices for the integration of technology in the classroom
- Provide technical and pedagogical support to clients on an ongoing basis
- Contribute to the creation of sales, marketing, and communication collateral as needed
- Contribute to the collection of research data for our projects
- Contribute to project reports
Personal commitments and soft-skills:
- You have experience working with and in Indigenous communities
- You are willing and able to travel frequently to Indigenous communities across Canada
- You keep up-to-date on what's going on in the EdTech industry
- You are organized, thoughtful, and genuinely enjoy working with people
- You are a solid communicator and are clear, concise, creative, and persuasive
- You have leadership skills. You can command an audience and you enjoy doing so
- You are a good listener, are observant, and can collect feedback from educators so we can keep improving our offerings
- Valid Canadian driver's license and comfort with driving in winter conditions and remote locations
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
This position is based in our offices in Montréal, QC.