Join the Learning Bird team
At Learning Bird, we're amplifying the power of teachers with cool technology to help more kids understand, learn and progress. We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Educational Content Creator
Are you an experienced educator who loves technology? Do you have a knack for storytelling and visual communication? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are looking for a number of Educational Content Creators to help us build engaging lessons for our award-winning platform.
We're looking for educators who love to engage students with compelling stories, and bring topics to life through audio and video.
Educators with strong math and English language arts (ELA) backgrounds,
and those with knowledge of Canadian Indigenous community practices and learning approaches are of particular interest.
We are looking for up to 10 people to work with a collaborative team and to be part of a great product.
This is contracted work that is seasonal or part-time (can vary from a few hours a week to full-time hours) based on our needs as demand grows.
Training takes place at our offices in Montreal, but ongoing work can be a mix of in-office and remote.
What you will do:
Use your educational background to develop content strategies, write compelling scripts, and turn those scripts into engaging learning objects.
You'll take your concept from the idea stage, through production and delivery, collaborating with the team and our school and community partners along the way.
What you need to do this job:
- Great storytelling skills with the ability to communicate well visually
- A strong education background with the ability to develop compelling and effective educational content
- Strong team and client communication skills
- Subject area knowledge of Math and/or ELA for grades 6-12.
- An ability to create large volumes of content, while maintaining quality
- Excellent English writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Comfort with audio and video production tools
- Comfort doing voiceovers and appearing on-camera in content
Bonus points if you:
- Have Indigenous language skills - Ojibwe, Dene, Mohawk, Mi'kmaq
- Have knowledge of Indigenous communities, practices and learning approaches
- Are bilingual (English/French)
Think you're who we're looking for?
Send us your CV, and any samples you have of content that you've created, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show us who you are and what you can do, and tell us how you think we can work together.
Education Account Lead
Are you really passionate about decolonizing pedagogy and curriculum in K-12 education? Do you enjoy traveling, teaching, and working with a team?
Learning Bird is looking for new members for its delivery team. Schools across North America are using the Learning Bird application to help students learn their way. The delivery team's objective is to make sure students and teachers make the most of their access to Learning Bird. We provide onsite pedagogical and technical training for teachers, manage school accounts, and provide support to teachers and administrators throughout the school year. We also collect feedback from customers and share ideas on how to improve our product and service with the whole Learning Bird team.
Experience and technical skills:
- A teaching certificate or equivalent Bachelor's degree in education or indigenous studies.
- Middle or high school teaching experience.
- Experience implementing instructional technology.
- Experience creating professional development materials and activities.
- Experience delivering pedagogical and technical training to teachers.
- Familiarity with Google apps (docs, spreadsheets, slides, forms) as well as iPads, Chromebooks, and interactive whiteboards.
- You have a strong command of the English language. French and Indigenous languages are strongly valued.
Personal commitments and soft-skills:
- You are committed to decolonizing pedagogy and curriculum.
- You have experience working with and in Indigenous communities.
- You are willing and able to travel frequently to Indigenous communities across Canada.
- You keep up on what's going on in the EdTech industry.
- You are organized, thoughtful, and genuinely enjoy working with people.
- You are a solid communicator, and are clear, concise, creative, and persuasive.
- You have leadership skills. You can command an audience and you enjoy doing so.
- You are a good listener, are observant, and can collect feedback from educators so we can keep improving our offerings.
Think you're who we're looking for?
Join the Learning Bird team by sending your resume to email@example.com